O.C.T. compound (Optimal cutting temperature compound)
O.C.T. compound used for the preparation of cyto-histological samples for optical microscopy.
Inclusion matrix for the preparation of the tissue sample to the cut to the cryostat.
1) Cover the sample with the embedding medium.
2) Freeze the sample.
3) After freezing, proceed with cutting.
Water soluble polymers mixture
- The polymer’s freezing temperature is optimal for sectioning at the cryostat.
- Water soluble
- Leaves no residues
- Adequate viscosity to support specimen
- Improves tissue adhesion to object holder
- Long-spout dispenser bottle, ideal for easy dispensing.